Steel Blue's philosophy has always remained simple and short. "We want to be the best, not the biggest".
Steel Blue's company has experienced strong growth since operations began in 1995 with the launch of the first Steel Blue products. Steel Blue's goal to manufacture and market the most comfortable safety footwear and safety boots in the world is an ongoing project through their premium Steel Blue brand and is backed by their money-back 30 day Comfort Guarantee.
Steel Blue have always prioritised the R&D of new cutting edge products, technology and customer service to expand the business into a world-class company. In 2001, Steel Blue moved to larger premises within Western Australia to meet the growing demand for their products as they expanded their national and export markets and increased their local market share.
Steel Blue is Australian and proud of it.
- Established 1995 - incorporated Australia
- Initially 5 working Directors with over 100 years combined industry experience
- Goal to provide workers with a more comfortable working boot
- Manufacturing based in Australia and dedicated factories in Indonesia
- Dedicated warehouse distribution in Australia, New Zealand and Netherlands
- Now Australia’s largest and leading manufacturer of safety footwear.
- 2003 WA Industry & Export Awards (Finalist)- Small to Medium Manufacturing Export Award
- 2003 Telstra WA Small Business of the Year Award
- 2003 Telstra Australian Small Business of the Year
- 2005 - Winner - Swan Chamber of Commerce - Hanson Small Business
- Award - Swan Business of the Year
- 2006 WA Entrepreneur of the Year (Ross Fitzgerald, Nev Hurring, Peter Nichols and Brian Piggott - Steel Blue) Retail Consumer and Industrial Products
- 2008 Australian Marketing Institute - Award for Marketing Excellence
Steel Blue Difference:
- Reputation built around innovation and comfort
- First safety footwear brand to use Poron inside the sole
- First to develop 3 density sole - Trisole Comfort
- Technology (patented)
- First to fully line most styles with non-chafing material
- First Aussie safety brand endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA). The APA only endorse a product if it offers clear health benefits to the patients of Physiotherapists
- First Aussie brand with non-steel safety toecap
- First Aussie brand with light-weight electrical hazard range
- First Aussie brand to earn European Safety Certificate
- CE EN ISO 20345
- First Aussie brand to have USA Safety Footwear Certification
- ASTM F2413
- Only safety footwear brand in the world to offer a 30 day money back comfort guarantee on every style
- First Aussie brand to sponsor the Australasian Podiaty Council
- First Aussie brand to develop a range of boots dedicated to raising money for a cancer charity - The Purple Boots Range - Breast Cancer Research
- First Aussie brand to use breathable full length PU footbeds
- NPCIA (National Australian Packaging Covenant Industry Association)
- CCI (Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
- Satra (Shoe and Allied Trade Research Association)
- AAMIG (Australia-Africa Mining Industry Group)
- Lasra (Leather & Shoe Research Association)
- FMAA (Footwear Manufacturers Association of Australia)
- AIBC (Australian Indonesian Business Council)